Information we may collect from you
THE GROUP may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on THE EVENT website (THE SITE). This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of entry and when posting material or requesting further services. You may also be asked for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by THE EVENT or when you report a problem with THE SITE.
- If you contact THE GROUP, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- THE EVENT may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to THE SITE and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and cookies
THE GROUP may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to approved or recommended third parties. These are data about users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual. For the same reason THE GROUP may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help to improve THE SITE and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies and the information contained in your IP address enable THE GROUP:
- to estimate audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so help customise THE SITE according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to THE SITE.
Transfer of personal data outside the EU
Risks involved in transmitting personal data over the Internet
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst THE GROUP will do its best to protect your personal data, the security of data transmitted by you to THE SITE cannot be guaranteed. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received THE GROUP will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Uses made of the information
5.1 THE GROUP may use information held about you in the following ways:
- o to ensure that THE SITE' content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- o to provide you with information, products or services that you request or which THE feels may interest you;
- o to allow you to participate in interactive features of THE SITE where you choose to do so;
- o to notify you about changes to THE SITE.
5.3 THE GROUP may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- o in the event that THE GROUP offers to sell any assets in which case it may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets;
- o if substantially all of THE GROUP’S assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by THE GROUP about its customers will be transferred to such third party;
- o if THE GROUP is required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply its Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of THE GROUP, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
5.4 THE GROUP may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you unless you have notified THE GROUP that you do not wish to receive such information. Individual information will never be disclosed to such third parties, but THE GROUP may provide them with aggregate information about THE SITE's users.
5.5 THE GROUP may also use such aggregate information to help third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target.
You have the right to request THE GROUP not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. THE GROUP will usually inform you before collecting your data, if it intends to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your data. You can also notify THE GROUP by using the UNSUBSCRIBE link clearly stated in all electronic communications.
Access to information